Deliver Us From Evil by Apostle Joshua Selman
Matthew 6:5-13 (KJV)
5. When thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
6. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
7. But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
8. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
9. After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11. Give us this day our daily bread.
12. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.”
2 Corinthians 3:17, Matthew 7:7-8, Acts 16:25, 1 Timothy 4:1
A believer’s life is fraught with difficulties and challenges, on account of their excelling.
It takes open doors to be aware of the realities of life, with respect to unknown battles.
The natural reaction of the fallen man and an untransformed believer to growth and lifting will always be negative.
It is the natural response of the fallen man to exhibit elements of envy or jealousy when others progress.
“For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.”
1 Corinthians 16:9 (KJV)
As a believer, it is pertinent to pay attention when certain doors and possibilities begin to open up in your life.
Open doors have implications.
A believer must be equipped with the intelligence to navigate the challenges that come with open doors.
To Deliver means:
1. To set free.
2. To save.
3. To rescue.
4. To salvage.
Three Levels of Evil Believers Must Contend For Deliverance From:
1. Satan and wicked spirits. (1 Peter 5:8)
2. Wicked and unreasonable men. (2 Thessalonians 3:1-3, Genesis 37:3-11;18-20)
3. The flesh. (Romans 7:18-24)
When you walk through open doors, endeavour to prepare and fortify yourself with the requisite knowledge needed.
There will be battles that you must learn how to fight until you win, or else some doors will become a curse to you.
The flesh is so vicious in its operations that it reveals itself in different levels of life, according to your growth.
Some manifestations of flesh do not happen until certain doors are opened.
The flesh is comprised of the vulnerabilities and negative tendencies that accompany the fallen nature.
According to the Scriptures, the flesh can be activated in the presence of plenty and abundance. It has a way of reinventing strategies that will affect your growth, as you rise.
Stepping into open doors unprepared may result in pains and challenges; as a result, God closes certain doors as an act of mercy.
God raises people based on the pressures they face and the level of righteousness they maintain in the face of that pressure.
Humility and submission are biblical requirements men must attain, in order to access deliverance from God.
1 Peter 5:6-7 (KJV)
6. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty Hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time.
“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
James 4:7 (KJV)
You must come to terms with your human limitations, without the help of God.
Acknowledge that you are insufficient in yourself.
“It is of the LORD’s mercies that we are not consumed, Because his compassions fail not.” Lamentations 3:22 (KJV)
Obtaining deliverance from God is based on a response system – Response to;
1. A cry for God’s mercy. (Lamentations 3:22, Luke 18:35-43, Hebrew 4:16)
God will always respond to the cry for mercy. To obtain mercy, you must be humble enough to approach the throne of grace by faith.
When doors open, be ever conscious of the mercy of God. Do not neglect what was responsible for your lifting. Proverbs 3:5-7
2. Heartfelt prayer. (Matthew 26:41, 1 Peter 5:8-9, Philippians 1:19)
Deliverance comes in response to prayers; you can pray away negative and unfavourable seasons out of your life.
Prayer in partnership with The Word filters your perception until that which is true stands.
“And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;” Luke 18:1 (KJV) 1 Thess. 5:17
Do not become complacent as doors begin to open for you. Engage prayer to sustain your lifting. Prayer is powerful!
3. Praise. (Psalm 18:1-3, Exodus 15:1-11)
Praise is a deep mystery that sustains the ability to help a believer overcome impossibilities and grants that the believer stands until victory is attained.
When you know how to engage God’s mercy, prayer, and praise, anything can turn for your salvation.
Acts 16:27-34, Job 38:33, Psalm 82:5-7, Exodus 3:21, Jeremiah 6:16, Ephesians 3:3-10
Job 42:10-11 (KJV)
10. And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.
11. Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.
1 Timothy 4:1, Esther 2:15, Psalm 44:3, Luke 1:45-46, Ezra 6:14
Your possibilities in this Kingdom are determined by the mysteries you know and can handle in the realm of the spirit.
When doors begin to open, put on your garment as a warrior. Warriors do not just speak, they fight.
You must learn how to war in the spirit with valiance, until victory is attained.
There are men that are equal to nations.
Instead of fighting nations, Satan focuses on them, which is why he attacks specific areas of their lives in order to attack the people connected to them.
Every decree can change! You can re-write certain decrees in the realm of the spirit.
Take advantage of the King-Priest dimension and re-write negative decrees over your life.
The prophecy of open doors will not be fulfilled until there is training on how to become a person of stature in the face of adversity.
The spirit of God is depending on your consistency to deliver many. Avoid laxity and rise up to liberate nations connected to you.
In this season, it is essential to discern what the Spirit of God is saying.
Obtain grace to be in tune with the promptings of the Spirit of God per time.
Pray: Satan, the Lord rebuke you. The covenant of the blood of David fights against you, in Jesus name.
I decree and declare, everything that has left you, that was not ordained by God, in the name of Jesus, with precision and accuracy, let them begin to return to you!
In the name of Jesus, I speak to every closed door, I come by the rod of a higher priesthood and I speak to that door, Ephphatha, be open!
The strategy for victory that you have received, may you retain it to last, in the name of Jesus!
I stand as one sent, the Spirit has said come, I also say to you “come”, in the name of Jesus!
I speak to you, every tongue that rises up against you falls in judgement, in the name of Jesus!
Pray: Father, we cry for peace, over Nigeria, in the name of Jesus! May lives not be lost, in the name of Jesus!
Pray: Lord, from the Presidency to the local government, from state to the federal level, anybody who does not mean our nation Nigeria well, remove them, in the name of Jesus!
I decree and declare equity, justice and peace over Nigeria, in the name of Jesus!
In the name of Jesus, may the purposes of God be accomplished in Nigeria!
John 1:9, John 1:5
See also October 2022 Miracle Service by Apostle Joshua Selman